Google Analytics

Monday 14 October 2013

It's October?

Reminded me of that Stevie Wonder song when I saw just how long it had been since I last posted.  Can't recall the name of the song but it has the words "and it's October and she's gone..." in it from the Songs in the Key of Life album.

Someone has bought the little oak framed log cabin singing bird glass that I last posted and it was good to see it go to a new home.  I loved doing the work but the lovely oak frame set it off so nicely.  Very busy time doing housey things at the moment but wanted to post a picture of this hare with the purple border.  So pleased with the colours which seemed to go with the golden light we were enjoying before the icy blasts of the weekend.



Very excited to see some really interesting exhibitions going on in London with the Cheapside Hoard at the Museum of London, certainly an era of design that I find very appealing and there being similar attractions between glass and gem stones. Another London centric exhibition is the Whistler - An American in London at the Dulwich Picture Gallery.  So much to see on these greying days.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this piece on folksy - it's so beautiful! Those flowers really are something special, I really love your style of glass!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Katie, the flowers were great to make, although I have them up for sale I'm toying with putting them in my garden when I move house! Best wishes
      Angela

      Delete