Google Analytics

Sunday 26 August 2012

Seaside panel is on its way to my customer

This panel began many months ago.   I had been asked if I could create a sense of the seaside with sand, starfish and rockpools.  Rather than using just flat pieces of glass, beautiful as it is, I wanted to create some depth and texture by creating some fused glass pebbles which I wanted to place in the centre to create the rockpool.

IMGP0136_fulldetail

The starfish was formed with brass wire then filled with a coral coloured glass powder. The mussel shell is an extremely dark purple that doesn't really show in the photo but it is covered with a layer of iridescent glass that gives it a real pearly finish. 

IMGP0150_fullpanel

So with all the experimenting, fusing and emailing, it has taken some time to reach a design and get the panel finally finished. I really enjoyed making the piece and am pleased that it is now on its way to meet the kind lady that commissioned it. 

IMGP0142_detail

No comments:

Post a Comment