Google Analytics

Friday 4 November 2011

Sailing boat window repair

I have on the bench at the moment a sailing boat from a home in Amersham. This window has lived in a shed for some time and the current owners are keen to have the broken pieces repaired so that they can install it in their front door and enjoy a piece that was originally made by a neighbour.

The leads have become quite weak in places and the panel has flexed, damaging some of the glass used to show the sea. Now that it is ready for mending, I have removed all the border leads and have separated the sea from the rest of the panel.

P1060835

While I have some really good glass colour matches, the sea has some texture on the glass that I am trying to copy. To do this, I have made some simple plaster moulds that have textured surfaces inside and will kiln fire the blue glass to pick up the textures before cutting and matching it to the pieces that are not broken.

P1060838

No comments:

Post a Comment